Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

SPOILER ALERT: Crap - I don't know where I am.  70%ish?

Holy shit - Hawk just broke up with her.  He doesn't love her.  Well...actually...I don't believe it for a second.  I think he was just going to tell her he can't stand the thought of her getting hurt and that he can't do his work and deal with his feelings for her...yada yada yada.  But either way - girlfriend left with TACK.  Oh SNAP.

And now she's waking up in his bed in his NOT dingy house outside Denver (holy shit, does that sound HOT or what?  I don't know why I think all men in Denver are hot when I've never been there...but I do).  And he's going to make her pancakes and he kissed the cuts on her wrist.  And in a way, I'm sceeved as all get out because it's Tack and not Hawk.  And in another I think it's totally awesome because his stock just soared now that I know he lives in a nice house outside Denver.  I'm picturing a lot of glass and an awesome view of the side of a mountain.

SHIT Hawk must be freaking out.  We don't even know his back story yet.  And we KNOW there's a back story.  I was even wondering if he lost a wife and/or child at some point 8 years ago and that's why he's so terrified of love.  OMG wouldn't that be horrifying?  Damn - why must I dramatize these things in my head so much?!  Remember when I thought Fifty had Multiple Personality Disorder?! LOL!!!

OK but anyway - back to Hawk:  Fuck him!  He should have gotten HIS SHIT together and handled things way differently.  The whole time she was worried about him, thinking he was worried about Brett, I knew he was upset about her.  SHIT and he didn't talk to her at ALL and he threw the grilled cheese sandwich right out in the trash.  I think it's because he was like "Fuck this - Hawk eats veggies and cottage cheese...not grilled cheese!  Grilled cheese would never have been in this house before Gwen showed up.  I've got to end this now before I am lost in a sea of Gwen love and tit-working." (LOL Had to throw that in; still trying to get the bile to go back down to the depths of my stomach where it belongs after that comment.)

This book is making me remember why I love Edward Cullen so much.  When they were in the hospital waiting room, Hawk was up in Skull's face (is it me or does Skull sound HOT?) while Gwen was sitting with the ladies and I thought "Geez, dude, she was BOUND AND GAGGED!  Go sit with her!"  And then I remembered my favorite scene in New Moon where Edward sits for hours with Bella on his lap in Voltaire after the Volturri almost ate them.  NOTHING was dragging Edward away from Bella.  Nothing.  And before you say "Edward is scrawny compared to Hawk", let me remind you Edward could KICK HAWK'S ASS and eat him for lunch.  Never underestimate the power of a Cullen.  Everything about them invites you in.

Sigh...  But seriously.  This book is so much fun.  Kristen Ashley NEVER makes us wait long before something good/hot/exciting/ohmygodish happens...and I love her for that.


11 comments:

  1. Carol!! I was just giggling today about your theories for FSOG!!! Did we ever make fun of you for those? Cause Laura and I were texting each other and giggling nonstop. LOL.

    HILARIOUS about the grilled cheese, the volturri-eating and the tit-working.

    I totally love Tack and I totally love how Gwen is not afraid to kiss everybody. Every time she has fallen into an epic crisis she stops for a minute to think about the beauty of the men around her. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwen is surrounded by HAWTNESS. Poor girl ;-)

      tit-working? You say that like it's a bad thing..........LMAO!! Oh man!!

      Delete
  2. Shit - she kisses Tack?!? (Don't mind the spoiler; it's kindof funny and I kindof expect it. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - SEE??? No subjective pronoun! I'm talking like HAWK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, dear lord, where do I start?? LOL

    "Remember when I thought Fifty had Multiple Personality Disorder?!" I DO!!! LOL I love how you put this stuff out there for everyone to see. I sometimes make predictions, but I only tell them to Hildy so I'm not too embarrassed when I'm waaaay off base. ;-)

    "lost in a sea of Gwen love and tit-working" ROTFLMAO!!!! I don't know, I kinda thought that line was hot, after I got over the initial shock of it. lol

    "Never underestimate the power of a Cullen. Everything about them invites you in." Damn straight!! When are we doing a Twilight reread???

    Keep 'em comin', Carol! Until then: LIPS SEALED ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I am so not a rereader...but I will absolutely do another Twilight reread (I've already done one. LOL)

      Delete
  5. FUCK!!! I'm sorry! I saw "kisses" but you said that he kissed her cuts. Bad Hildy! I suck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries!! It's not bad; I kindof figured something would go down. And it's not Outlander. PS - According to Carla, I think there is a HUGE spoiler about Outlander today. Assuming. She said something funny on my FB page that makes me think so. Squeee! I'll never look but it makes the wait even that much more fun!

      Delete
    2. K, so I'm so desperate I checked out your FB. Couldn't find anything. Thank goodness. I gave up DG's Dailylines. I couldn't help myself. I HAD to read them everyday. I'm pathetic.

      Delete
  6. Did you NOT just want to BARF when he told her off?????????? Omigosh, I was just SICK. All that bastard's talk of "put your hand down, put your hand down. give me you. did you just give me you?" WTHeck?????????? I just wanted to PUNCH him. What an ass. Hmmpf. So mad.

    But isn't all that angst BLOODY FANTASTIC? OMGosh. I LOVE ANGST. I LOVE being mad at hot massive Rambo men. LOVE it, Babe. And then Gwennie leaving on BikerBoy's friggin' motorcycle??????? OMGosh. How friggin' FABULOUS was that? Uhhhg. So good. Delicious. You don't want me, Rambo? No biggie. I'm takin' off with my NEW friend. Ummm, yeah. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with JJ!! I LOVE angst. All that killed me!! I wanted to smack him when he finally started speaking. Ugh....I still love Hawk though.

    ReplyDelete