Friday, June 1, 2012

Into the Abyss I Go...Again!

Ok...totally doing this for Hildy.  I missed the mark on On the Island and should have blogged.  So here I am - and already have a ton to say.

This book is delicious from Page 1!  It's like one of those roller coasters that takes off the second they lock you into the seat.  0 - 60 in less than 10 seconds.

I am only on Chapter 2 and a ton of shiz has gone down.  Ride scared the shit out of me.  Dog scared the shit out of me.  The collective biker dudes at Ride scared the shit out of me.  And yet - Tack sounds pretty minty.  How scary am I?  I am amazed at how much I think just like Gwen.  I believe Hildy said the same thing...so something tells me I am going to crack up until the last page.

HOW ABOUT MYSTERY MAN being at her house and getting all huffy with her?  DELISH!  I love how she's telling him off while he's smiling at her all condescendingly.  Stand your ground, woman!  You can do it!  Just don't look in the eyes.  LORDDDDD don't look in the eyes.

Is it me, or does Mystery Man look like Shura?

5 comments:

  1. CAROL!!!! I love you and I LOVE this book. But you knew that already! I am not even finished it because I keep chatting with people who I've recommended it to. TACK is delicious!! MM as Shura? OMG!!! Now I love him even more! Didn't think that was possible.

    Totally love Gwen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! So glad you are blogging this! I finished last night. I'm totally starting book 2 ASAP. Love Gwen. You will definitely crack up through this book. It's so funny and I feel like I would think like Gwen. And definitely now that you mention it I'm seeing a little Shura in our MM. Lord help us all.....And don't even get me started on Tack....Holy crap. Fans self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just reread that first daylight meeting of theirs. It's so much better the second time around. Good the first...........fantastic the second.

    I love Gwen. I haven't loved a heroine in a long time like I love her. She is so conflicted and embarrassed by her behaviour of the past 18 months......but she hasn't stopped it. She's so drawn to him. It's crazy.

    There's so much goodness in this book. I am soooooooooo excited you are blogging it. THANK YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started it today, and I'm chugging right along (yes, it is currently 4:30 am and I'm finally going to sleep!)

    Hawk and Tack both scare me, but kinda in a good way... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol!!! I didn't even realize you'd started this - guess who led me to it - Kristen Ashley herself! It's not on your My Purgatory page so I wouldn't have even known about it. Kristen and I tweet or email once in a while and I mentioned I'd read the first two Colorado Mountain Man books (and Knight, my fav) and was getting ready to start Mystery Man. She tweets back about this blog - and when I saw the word Purgatory......you didn't announce this one - WHY???????

    ReplyDelete