Friday, June 8, 2012

Finished, Babe

OK y'all - this will most likely be my last post under the "My Mystery Man Purgatory" blog title because I want to change the blog to "My Dream Man Purgatory".  Once one ventures into the literary works of Kristen Ashley, one has no choice but to read until her eyes start crossing and she finds herself accidentally calling her husband Tack.  Or Hawk.  Or Mitch.  Or...

Ho. Ly. Crap.  Hawk got kidnapped!  I did NOT see THAT one coming.  And I'm strangely fascinated by the thought of him hanging on a hook.  (Damned Fifty.  Ruined me forever.)  PS - do NOT google "hanging from a meat hook" and do an image search because you will seriously blorrrtttt right into your chow mein and I'm not even kidding a little.

Boyfriend had blood coming from his ear!  I was flipping out!  And what I found very cool is that it took that situation to get Gwen and Ginger together and show us Ginger really gives a shit.  Well...as much as Ginger can give a shit.  In the past I'd have preferred if she'd just said "I think your future husband's a douche" instead of doing him while I was in the bathroom trying to pee around all that silk and organza...but that's just me.

Loved the family aspect at the end.  Loved that they had two boys (and now a girl!)  Could totally feel it when Hawk came home with his gym bag and checked the kids in their beds.  So real.  That's what makes a great story; things are tied up in the end and you can see them going about their lives and doing their thing.  LOVED it.

Now...at this point I had planned to post some highlights I'd made about the last couple chapters...but thanks to some DOUCHEBAG who stole my identity, I had to reset my iPad and take it back to factory settings and therefore lost those notes.

COMMA HOWEVER, I still have some from the Kindle (I use both.  I'm ambidextrous with my ereaders and mobile computers.  It's a gift, really.) ;)


Some of them are shit that my overactive brain would totally, totally say/think...so I HAVE to post them here:


  • "She looked half hippie, half biker babe, a look she pulled off and one I liked so much I felt a new phase coming on." 

  • "I finished my soup, leaving the mysterious bits uneaten in the bottom.  I loved that soup but those mysterious bits freak me out and I never ate them."
  • "I...saw them all smiling, found this scarier than them being scary..." 

  • "Once he'd been gone for three which freaked me out and then it freaked me out that it freaked me out." 

  • "I need a reload." (By the way, I am SO going to start saying this.  Just like when I heard my cousin say she was frontloading so she could drive home after a wedding...and I started saying "frontloading" whenever I found myself making that clever move.  But be careful.  It only works if you don't get shitfaced an you're going to be somewhere for a seriously longggg assed time; long enough to way sober up.  This has been a public service announcement.)


And some of them are just freakin funny:

  • "Sally forth?"
  • "If they ever broke up it would be like Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell breaking up, that was to say proof that the world would soon be coming to an end."
  • "White, um...Caucasian."  I used television show cop speak."
  • "She had to arm herself with a snow globe."
  • "Oh my god, did my father just call my mystery lover 'son' after only knowing him for five seconds?" (I will laugh about this for an hour now that I've read it again.) 
  • "Girl!" she cut me off.  "How you doin'?"  she asked conversationally, like we'd not only met but given each other manicures."  (Peeing.  Right now.  On my stool.  In my kitchen.) 
  • "The cocaine station".  ROFLMAO.  Got me through that entire scary scene.
  • "We'll go to the nearest biker babe and stripper shops and we'll stock you up".  (I read that one in bed, under the covers while my man was asleep...and I had to hold my mouth closed to keep from howling right the eff out loud.) 

Did I just say "my man"?  LOL  As if I'm married to Hawk.  He's no Hawk and he doesn't wear cargos but he is pretty organized and he is dying for a good recliner. ;)

OK y'all...that's it for now.  I've got to go start Wild Man, yeah?  








5 comments:

  1. Babe. You're finished. Yay! I know that you were humouring us by reading and blogging about this book but I'm so happy that you liked it!

    I was completely shocked with Hawk being kidnapped as well. I kept thinking that that moment must have been really, really hot! Can you imagine the fight he must have put up? Oh, I can almost visualize it. Yum.

    Oh Ginger! That was too funny about her telling Gwen about her douchebag husband. Yep. It's not the angle I would have taken either. She went a whole other way, but I guess that's Ginger. I just thank my lucky stars that I don't have a sister like her. I can't imagine that she was all that helpful as a bridesmaid either. :)

    Love those quotes, Carol.

    Wasn't there a lipgloss quote that we loved? I need to go and find it.

    Oh, and now that I can no longer spoil this book (I'm still sorry about that btw)I really loved how Gwen is totally into Hawk but she just wants to touch and drool all over all the hot guys. She's like a freakin' GUY!! She cracked me up when she told Mitch that she really liked kissing so he better not kiss her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love that you started this with "Babe". LOL

      Delete
  2. This book was da bomb! And I totally highlighted a few of the same quotes. The one about the mysterious soup bits cracked me UP! And the Goldie Hawn/Kurt Russell quote too. Holy crapola. Too many funnies. I <3 Gwen.

    And I LOVED the epilogue! The best! Woot! How she asked him to smile to see his dimples. Ugh...tears. So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goldie and Kurt made me cough up a lung, I was laughing so hard. Honest to God, I have THOUGHT that before. Like...if they ever broke up...I would have zero faith left in humanity. LOL

      Delete
  3. Whoa. WHY are my replies coming out grey and orange? Blech. I must fix that post haste!

    ReplyDelete