Sunday, June 3, 2012

Call Your Mother, She Worries

SPOILER ALERT:  I am way the hell into Chapter 18 and enjoying the heck out of it. 

Holy crap - I know it - his "shit to do" is buy her a ring.  His PARENTS were there???  Oh snap.  Telltale.  And they didn't run screaming when her psycho mom showed up.  (WTF was up with THAT?  Did you not CRY when she called Meredith "Mom"?)  And HER parents were there...and they hung out with HIS parents...and he almost wept (OK maybe not wept) when she was talking to his nephews.

OH yeah.  The ring is imminent.

Ya know what's funny?  Hawk isn't the smartest of the book heros.  And he's not the most dashing. But DAMN if I don't want my very own Hawk to buy me Jimmy Choos and get his boys to get my Imperial Chinese food (akin to "good Italian" from the place in Port Angeles).  There is something about  him...mmm mmm mmm.  He is one tasty tuna.

Now...moving on to Hawk's parents.  That is one, monstrous pile of WTF!  His dad was getting on my nerves with all the talk of Gwen's ass.  I kept hoping Hawk would be like "DAD!  DUDE!  That's my girl!"  And the mother was all "Oh Gus, knock it off before I aim lower with my coffee mug".  (That was actually pretty funny.  Makes me miss my feisty Italian grandma.)  They are bizarre...and if they get married and become her IL's; yikes.  She's going to have an uphill battle there.

Must. Read. More...


9 comments:

  1. I love Meredith so much!!!! Every moment with her makes me wanna go over and hug her! I'm obviously losing my marbles but I LOVED his dad!!!! He made me pee my pants! In real life though, that would be tres creepy!! Ewww! In this book...hilarious!

    Hawk totally had me at, 'Babe.' He knocked it outta the park with the Jimmy Freakin' Choos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!
    Although you yada, yada, yada'd over what happened BEFORE his fam came over...........hot or what?

    I thought the exact same thing. I totally thought Hawk was gonna buy her ring. Totally!!

    His dad was hilarious. I wouldn't want him as a potential FIL, but still. His ass talk was funny. Once.

    I have Italian friends. They'd totally throw coffee mugs at each other. For practically no reason.

    How about when Hawk walks in and G and Mitch are in an embrace.........and Hawk says something like, "Am I interrupting something?" OOOOOOOOOOOOO, loved it! Then he slides the JCShoes along the table. Uh. Love. Hildy and I thought you'd totally love the shoe part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hildy!!! You beat my post by 1 minute!! LOL!!

    I just noticed how many times I said, "totally". OMGosh. I just get so excited.......I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOTALLY excited!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Re. the "good Italian" place in Port Angeles!

    I thought the ass comments from Gus were creepy too, but apparently the Delgados don't think a thing of it! lol

    Jen J - the sexy times before the parents showed up??? Holy shite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I love it when Hawk says he's got "shit to do". lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in total agreement with you all right now. I totally want to re-read this like RIGHT NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reread the first 50% waiting for Hildy to start book 2! It's even better the second time around.

      Delete